Our Bedwetting Treatment Plan
The Internet has bridged the distance and has made it possible for us to treat and cure bedwetters of any age, anywhere, anytime. Our high level of success (97%) proves that our bedwetting treatment approach works. We are the only enuresis treatment clinic of its kind to offer this unique, innovative, and personal program, and since 1975, it has been our privilege to put an end to bedwetting for life.
Here is how we begin:
Rarely are we the first step that a family takes when seeking help for bedwetting. Generally we see families after they've followed their doctors' advice, or have already waited years for their child to outgrow bedwetting. We understand how frustrating it can be. Therefore, our initial private consultation is carefully designed to address any questions and concerns a family may have about bedwetting.
One of our enuresis treatment clinic directors spends time with your family - in person - or by telephone - gathering pertinent informaton about the bedwetter. Once a complete history is taken, we are able to discuss the right bedwetting treatment approach.
- Every bedwetting case is different and a thorough history is essential for proper bedwetting treatment.
- We explain how we tailor the bedwetting program for each patient to meet their individual challenges and needs.
- One hour appointments allow time to address all questions and any concerns.
You Have Choices:
- Private consultation by telephone
- Private consultation in our clinic
- Daytime, evening, or Saturday hours
Click here to listen to Director Gaile Nixon discuss our treatment protocol during a national radio talk show interview.
This text will be replaced by the flash music player.
Gaile talks about her personal experience with enuresis, and how that experience helps her understand the challenges that bedwetters face daily.
Bedwetting Treatment Protocol
We have been able to develop a program that allows much of the treatment to be implemented in the privacy of the family's home while providing ongoing and consistent feedback by telephone. Families also have the option to visit in person with their Treatment Advisor. We are the only enuresis treatment clinic in the industry to offer face-to-face service, providing unlimited time and attention to correcting this serious and sensitive issue. Throughout the years, we have seen others attempt to duplicate our bedwetting treatment approach and philosophy, but they have never been able to match our success rate or longevity.
Every bedwetter is unique. Children, teenagers, and adults experiencing this bedwetting problem bring their own set of issues, habits, and family dynamics. With this in mind, we tailor bedwetting treatment to meet each family's needs. Because of the sensitive nature of this condition, we carefully select the right Enuresis Treatment Advisor- choosing from male or female nurses, teachers, and school psychologists - for each patient.
Important Bedwetting Facts:
- Overnights at our clinic are not required
- No drugs are used or required
- No sleep studies are required
- Each patient/family is partnered with one of our bedwetting treatment experts to guide them - guesswork and obstacles are eliminated
- The average length of bedwetting treatment is six months - the last two months, the bedwetter is completely dry
We use the history provided in the initial consultation to set up the first phase of bedwetting treatment, which entails gathering actual bedwetting activity. Gathering this type of information is vital to ending the bedwetting and creating a healthy sleep pattern. We incorporate a highly effective form of bio-feedback to ensure accuracy, and to "set the stage" for every other aspect of bedwetting treatment.
Our Bio-feedback Method:
We have developed a course of bedwetting treatment with an error-proof process. Our bio-feedback method facilitates the increase in gaining control of the physical process between the brain and the bladder. This also ensures timely results. This model sets the stage for every other aspect of the bedwetting treatment.
- Easy to use system provides us with data to adjust the program bi-weekly
- No machines or electrodes are used
- The bedwetting episodes themselves guide the bedwetting treatment
- Contributes to the restoration of the connection between the brain and the bladder
At the Enuresis Treatment Center, we know - based upon 35 years of data collected from bedwetters - that bedwetting is the direct result of an unhealthy and inherited deep-sleep pattern that blocks the brain and bladder connection. In other words, when the bladder is full, it communicates a signal to the brain, but because of how deeply a bedwetter sleeps, the brain fails to detect the signal. This causes the bladder to empty involuntarily. This pattern produces oxygen-deprivation and gives rise to poor quality sleep. It needs to be corrected to allow the bedwetter's brain to be cleansed by night, and his/her bed to be dry by morning.
We are concerned about deep sleep
- Sleep apnea, sleepwalking, insomnia, and night terrors are other versions of the same sleep disorder that a bedwetter has. Each version compromises the quality of one's sleep
- IF a bedwetter outgrows the condition - of which there is no guarantee - then he or she is left with the sleep disorder for a lifetime
- Bedwetters do not often access REM sleep (dream sleep) throughout the night, which gives rise to daytime symptoms, which can include:
- Lethargy or hyperactivity
- ADD or ADHD characteristics
- Mood swings, reactions of frustration and anger
- Difficulty awakening in the morning. Often dark circles appear under the eyes
Everybody plays an important role - parents, Enuresis Treatment Advisors; staff - to ensure a successful outcome. Even the bedwetter has an important role, which ultimately contributes to his/her sense of accomplishment. As part of their role, bedwetters are taught specific daytime exercises to address the underdeveloped bladders and weak muscles that are common to all bedwetters.
At the Enuresis Treatment Center, we have tested and refined our comphrehensive program, allowing us to permanently correct the sleep pattern, the bedwetting, and its resulting symptoms.
- Don't restrict fluids - hydration is essential for proper functioning of the body, and drinking fluids does not cause bedwetting
- Don't try to awaken your child randomly in the night and take him/her to the bathroom - this only furthers bladder underdevelopment
- Don't keep your child in pull-ups or Good Nights - these can provide false hope and further challenge a child's self-esteem
- Don't punish your child for wetting the bed or reward them for dry nights - they don't have control over either outcome
- Don't use drugs - it only serves as a temporary fix, and is known to produce serious side effects
So often we hear people say,
"If only we had heard about you sooner!"
Contact the Enuresis Treatment Center to arrange for a consultation to learn more about the bedwetting treatment program. The "family friendly" consultation can be conducted over the telephone or in person, and can be scheduled during the day, in the evening, or on a Saturday. We are committed to making a lasting difference in the lives of bedwetters around the world.