Our Treatment Plan
The Internet has bridged the distance and has made it possible for us to treat and cure bedwetters of any age, anywhere, anytime. Here is how we begin:
Rarely are we the first step that someone takes when seeking help for bedwetting. Generally we see people after they've followed their doctors' advice, or have already waited years to outgrow bedwetting. We understand how frustrating it can be. Therefore, our initial private consultation is carefully designed to address any questions and concerns you may have. We obtain a history from you, and review the root cause of bedwetting; an inherited deep-sleep disorder - as well as discuss the symptoms of the disorder. We discuss a treatment protocol that will address all the symptoms and ensure an end to the bedwetting.
You Have Choices:
- Private consultation by telephone
- Private consultation in person
- Daytime, evening, or Saturday hours
Click here to listen to Director Gaile Nixon discuss our treatment protocol during a national radio talk show interview.
Gaile talks about her personal experience with bedwetting, and how that experience helps her understand the challenges that bedwetters face daily.
Every adult experiencing this bedwetting problem brings their own set of issues, habits, and family dynamics. With this in mind, we tailor treatment to meet individual needs. Because of the sensitive nature of this condition, we carefully select the right Treatment Counselor - choosing from male or female nurses, teachers, and school psychologists - for each patient.
We give you the ability to carry out treatment in the privacy of your own home, all while maintaining ongoing and consistent guidance and feedback. You also have the option to visit in person with your Treatment Advisor. We are the only bedwetting clinic in the industry to offer face-to-face service, providing unlimited time and attention to correcting this serious and sensitive issue. Throughout the years, we have seen others attempt to duplicate our treatment approach and philosophy, but they have never been able to match our success rate or longevity.
We use the history provided in the initial consultation to set up the first phase of treatment, which entails gathering actual bedwetting activity. Gathering this type of information is vital to ending the bedwetting and creating a healthy sleep pattern. We incorporate a highly effective form of bio-feedback to ensure accuracy, and to "set the stage" for every other aspect of treatment.
- Overnights at our clinic are not required
- No drugs are used or required
- No sleep studies are required
- Each patient is partnered with one of our treatment experts to support and guide them - guesswork and obstacles are eliminated
- Your treatment advisor will ensure results
- The average length of treatment is six months - the last two months, the bedwetter is completely dry
Our Bio-feedback Method:
We have developed a course of treatment with an error-proof process. Our bio-feedback method ensures timely results. This model sets the stage for every other aspect of the treatment.
- Easy to use system provides us with data to adjust the program bi-weekly
- The bedwetting episodes themselves guide the treatment
- Contributes to the restoration of the connection between the brain and the bladder
At the Enuresis Treatment Center, we know - based upon 37 years of data collected from bedwetters - that bedwetting is the direct result of an unhealthy and inherited deep-sleep pattern that blocks the brain and bladder connection. In other words, when the bladder is full, it communicates a signal to the brain, but because of how deeply a bedwetter sleeps, the brain fails to detect the signal. This causes the bladder to empty involuntarily. This pattern produces oxygen-deprivation and gives rise to poor quality sleep. It needs to be corrected to allow the bedwetter's brain to be cleansed by night, and his/her bed to be dry by morning.
We are concerned about deep sleep
- Sleep apnea, sleepwalking, insomnia, and night terrors are other versions of the same sleep disorder that a bedwetter has. Each version compromises the quality of one's sleep
- IF a bedwetter outgrows the condition - of which there is no guarantee - then he or she is left with the sleep disorder for a lifetime
- Bedwetters do not often access REM sleep (dream sleep) throughout the night, which gives rise to daytime symptoms, which can include:
- Lethargy or hyperactivity
- ADD or ADHD characteristics
- Mood swings, reactions of frustration and anger
- Difficulty awakening in the morning. Often dark circles appear under the eyes
At the Enuresis Treatment Center, we have tested and refined our comphrehensive program, allowing us to permanently correct the sleep pattern, the bedwetting, and its resulting symptoms.
- Don't restrict fluids - hydration is essential for proper functioning of the body, and drinking fluids does not cause bedwetting
- Don't have somebody attempt to awaken you randomly at night - this will only serve to further your bladder underdevelopment
- Don't use drugs - it only serves as a temporary fix, and is known to produce serious side effects
So often we hear people say
"If only we had heard about you sooner!"
Contact the Enuresis Treatment Center to arrange for a consultation to learn more about the treatment program. The confidential consultation can be conducted over the telephone or in person, and can be scheduled during the day, in the evening, or on a Saturday. We are committed to making a lasting difference in the lives of bedwetters around the world.
Our high level of success (97%) proves that our treatment approach works. We are the only enuresis clinic of its kind to offer this unique, innovative, and personal program, and since 1975, it has been our privilege to put an end to bedwetting for life.